CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 27, 2007

me and quotes

So i'm such a quote person... i don't know what my problem is, but I seriously love other people's quotes! My favorites are usually from my sisters... lately anyway, since i never see much of my roommates (because seriously, those usually beat all :)). I put a couple on my facebook, and i got rid of a couple others, but i shouldn't have because I realized that I COULD HAVE PUT THEM ON HERE!!! argh. Anyway, here are a couple of the latest funnies:

"You're my favorite mom. Except for dad."
~Emily

Kate saw Emily walking around the kitchen on a couple of different occasions with her big pink overnight bag. This wasn't a usual occurence, so she asked, "watcha doin' with your bag em?"
And then here's the kicker... Emily replied, "oh nothing. just my bag... (and then she cast her eyes down, ashamedly) actually... i used it to sneak buns up to my room."
Katie opened the bag and looked inside, and therein lie a single hamburger bun, which had slid over the side.

Another time, we wrapped our corgi Malcolm up in a blanket so we could take him with us in the car to grandma's house. Katie was holding him, and suddenly she broke out in... well, this:

"and there lie before me, a shivering babe, wrapped in swaddling cloth.

"what big teeth you have shivering babe...
"what pointy ears...
"what a snouty nose
"what a chubby butt...
"and what a donkey-like stomach..."
Yes, she is that random. all the time.

Finally, Katie went snowboarding for the first time on the Sunday before Christmas, and as soon as she walked in the door proceeded to relay to us a very detailed version of the happenings of her trip. To Katie pretty much everything can be turned into a joke, and so her stories are usually pretty entertaining. The quote below was something similar to a punch line for one of the stories she was telling. Following her first successful attempt to get on the lift, they were riding along, and at this point i sort of tuned out until:

"And that's when.... I fell off the lift."

It was like in the movies when that screeching record sound plays and everyone freezes and looks over at the person speaking... and then we all cracked up because, WHO DOES THAT???

No comments:

Post a Comment