CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, December 24, 2010

home.

I am home for Christmas.

It was stressful getting here, but now that I'm here, it's actually quite lovely.  This morning I slept in until a little after 9am, then I went on a run in the fantastic fifty degree weather (compared to Utah snow and freezing temps, I am happy as a clam :)).  It was a little drizzly and overcast, but the air smells fresh and chilly and perfect.

When I got back, the house was still quiet (everyone was either gone or still sleeping), and so I took a long shower, and then put on some music and raided the kitchen for breakfast.  My mom has developed a habit of buying healthier, organic food of late, and I can't help but LOVE it.  I scrambled two large brown eggs, with organic milk, salt and pepper, and then threw in some cheese, and fresh salsa from the local Tacoma Boys (an indoor farmer's market, selling local, fresh food). I ate that with two slices of whole wheat toast with butter, and an orange, while catching up on some blog reading and looking out the window onto this scene.

Now I'm wrapping up the gifts I purchased, to put under the tree.

Mmmm.  It really is nice to have a break, and to be home in beautiful Washington.

No comments:

Post a Comment