CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, February 9, 2008

saturday is a LOVELY day

One of my most favorite things in the world is waking up without ANY obligations, and knowing I can choose to get out of bed, or stay in bed at my leisure. This particular morning I woke up a little before nine, rather pleased with myself that I woke up naturally around the time that I prefer to wake up, and then promptly decided that i didn't feel like getting up yet, and fell back to sleep. Freedom is a wonderful thing.

Sometimes I feel like a rebel. In my head at least.

Like when my desire to do something one way ceases because I find out someone, who has some sort of charge over me, WANTS me to do it that way.

Anyway, back to my Saturday. I ate delicious cereal for breakfast. Probably two bowls actually. Man food tastes so much better when you're really hungry for it. Then I proceeded to spend the next three hours planning for next week. Water cycle, QAR (question, answer, response) for guided reading, multiplication review, V-day party, a parent coming to teach dutch, ABC books, respect lessons. blah blah blah. Actually, i'm not feeling half bad about teaching at this moment, but I am preparing myself for a steep downward plunge by Wednesday at the very latest. As far as I can tell, they can't be good for even two consecutive days. But who knows, things could look up.

So after my planning extravaganza I took a shower, and went over to eat an amazing vegan lunch at Caitlin's apartment. Spent a couple hours discussing social issues and our future lives.

You know what? My life is boring. I'm going to put this out of it's misery, and stop describing my day to you in such excruciating detail. Next time, I'll be sure to make something up.

If I had a penny for every time I got distracted, I would be a rich, rich woman.

1 comment: