CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 17, 2008

self-fulfilled prophecy

hahaha... so i was just reading back on a post from last week, and i said steep downward plunge by wednesday right?

Turns out wednesday was the night that a gigantic white-out storm decided to hit the entire wasatch front (provo/salt lake, and further north and south of those). I left earlier than normal because the snow was coming down and blowing around pretty well, and i was advised by friends to head out. So i did. And thank goodness because even leaving when i did, the drive from my school back to my abode in provo that usually takes approx. 45 minutes ended up taking me 2 HOURS and 15 minutes. Yes, you read that right. As in 135 minutes. OH and i forgot to mention what had happened earlier that day...

On my way to school, a cop decided to pull me over for speeding. While i sat waiting in my car for the glorious news mr. policeman was going to bring (about 100 ft. from the school's parking lot, mind you) one of my students and his parents pulled up to drop him off. he proceeded to get out of the car, walk a few steps towards the school and then stop and stare directly at me in my car, while the cop and his ever-so-obnoxious lights flashed like there was some REAL emergency going on the ENTIRE time we sat there (really, why do they do that? some sort of expression of their dominance over this pitiful crime committer they have just captured? gosh that ticks me off. EVERYONE LOOK THIS PERSON MADE A MISTAKE!!!!!). After the whole ordeal was over, i pulled into the parking lot, got out of my car, and the first thing my adorable little fourth grader does is scream across the playground and parking lot, "YOU just barely got a TICKET!!!" No really? ugh. And this was just the beginning.

Later that day i received the fabulous news that a new student would be transferring to my class from a different fourth grade class (the second this year, not to mention the other two new students I have gotten). Which isn't a bad thing, but it does give rise to a significantly higher amount of work (putting together tote tray materials, sending home syllabi, getting papers back signed, acclimating them to a new classroom, re-teaching procedures/routines, etc.)

And not to be too explicit for any males that may be reading this, but to top it all off, my lower back was aching bad and i had cramps all day. Funny how these things time themselves.

But don't worry, this story does have a happy ending. After I got home, I went to the gym and ran my little heart out, at which point the endorphins kicked in and life was great again. AND on my way to school the next day i discovered that our school district had been graced with a two hour delay. BEST NEWS OF MY LIFE. or maybe just that day. but still :).

And this is going to be random and completely contradictory to the main idea of this post, but this is how i'm really feeling tonight. SOME DAYS I JUST FEEL GREAT, and LOVE LIFE, and all the AMAZING PEOPLE THAT LOVE ME, and that I LOVE BACK. This just happens to be one of those days ;).

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you got a ticket my love. I'm glad we went out to lunch today, that panini was YUM. We need to see each other more... our lives are TOO busy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete