CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 25, 2009

MTC Week 9

Dearest Family and Friends,

First off, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to two of my favorite girls, Michelle Hadley, and Heather Sabin! I hope you both have a fabulous 22nd year! Write me and let me know how it is! Also, Heather, I need your address. I've been wanting to write you and I don't have it!

Also, can I just say that I've come to dislike national holidays since I've been in the MTC? Because we DON'T GET MAIL on those days! One, we never even know what day it is (so we totally got a new president of the US and I am like, completely oblivious), all the days are exactly the same, and it is rather unfortunate when you think it's been a normal day, and then at the end of a very long, tiring day, you realize that the mail wasn't open. ha. Oh well... I was just walking to our room last night and thinking about how that has come about... chistoso.

Caitlin, could you check my facebook profile and okay anyone who has added me as a friend? One of my MTC teachers did, and a couple others might have... just okay anyone who requested me.

Thank you thank you thank you to One Grandma, Grandpa Hollenbaugh, my little sister Emily and Carol for sending me letters this week! It was so great to hear from all of you, and I will try my best to write you back soon!

This week was great. Last Wednesday, we went to the RC again (we go every week) and I made a call in Spanish for the first time! Our teacher told us we had to try at least one (thanks Hermana Johnson ;)). We were all super nervous, but we each said an individual prayer before, and just went for it! It turned out to be a fabulous experience because compared to all of the English calls that we've made, the Spanish-speakers that we spoke to were so kind and receptive. I called one sister who had ordered a DVD to make sure that she had received it. She said that she had, and that she had LOVED it! I was so so excited and so after taking care of all the required prompts for info on the computer screen, I asked her (in my broken Spanish) which part she liked best, hoping for an opportunity to bear testimony to her, and then she started speaking super fast and I couldn't understand anything she said!!! :( Anyway... I still loved it, and she was super patient with me. I feel so blessed to go out and work with such a hospitable, friendly people. Also, SO weird... The first person from our district to leave for the field left on Monday morning! I can't believe we're actually leaving. I'm getting super nervous! My emotions have been a little roller-coaster-like lately in that one second I'm way psyched to head out, and then the next I can't picture myself walking up to random people on the street and teaching them about the gospel. Wow. If anyone has any tips for a smooth transition let me know... although I'm pretty sure no matter what you do you just have to jump in and do it!! Aaaah!

So funny story:

On Sunday we went up to the temple as a district to take pictures (it was our last Sunday as a full district!) and get a little fresh air. Everytime we go up there, no matter how solid our resolve to get the whole district together for a picture, it always takes at least 15 minutes to get everyone in the same place at once so that we can get the picture taken. Some of the other sisters, a couple elders and I were waiting for the group to get organized. Someone asked if we were ready to take the picture, and Hermana Hepner goes, "I was born ready." And then Elder Bost goes, "Yeah... I was born, and then I was like, 'where's my district? We have to take a picture...". hahaha... maybe it's just that I've been in this little MTC bubble for so long, but it was really quite funny.

I've gotta go, but I hope you all are well, write me, and I'll send you one more email before I get out to TX next week!

loves

No comments:

Post a Comment