CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, September 5, 2008

on the edge of my seat

Right now, at this very second, as I type this, lies my life for the next 18 months.

Yes, my mission call is in my lap.

After a rollercoaster of a week, it finally arrived. On Sunday I called my bishop to get the status on it (I'm really hoping to take my endowments out before Caitlin and Tim's sealing so that I can attend), and he told me that it was put in the mail on Friday. I figure it usually takes things about 3 days to get from Utah to here, so including the holiday that put me at Wednesday (possibly Tuesday if I got lucky). Everyone started school on Tuesday, so I've had the house to myself during the day all week, which has been absolute torture because the mail doesn't come til around 11am, and the last person to leave is about 8:30. So I doddle around the house until about 10:45, then go and read scriptures out on the lawn watching for the mailman to come (I know I'm pathetic... but it's been driving me nuts!). Tuesday, Wednesday passed... still no call. Depression began settling over me... typical doubts... maybe the address was wrong? what if they lost it? did he really check the status of MY call???? on and on and on ridiculously. Then when it didn't come Thursday it just got worse! We're going to Canada to visit my grandma this weekend again, so I was worried it might not come today and then I'd have to wait all weekend. My little sis Mckenzie told me this morning as she was walking out the door, "I KNOW your mission call is coming today Austin. I said a prayer last night that it would." How can you deny that?? My whole family has been hoping every single day that it would be here too. Finally I'll have good news for them when they come home!!! ah!

I will be sure to post something after I open it! Last chance for guesses!

No comments:

Post a Comment