CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 15, 2008

Shout Out

Since moving back home beginning of July in preparation for my mission, I've been thinking about my years as a college student, and how they're over, and how I'm sad about it. As stressful and crazy and unhealthy as those years were, I can't forget about the relationships I had with the girls who were there living through all of it with me. Living at home is great, but there's no way I could ever forget all the drama and boyfriends and all-nighters and weird food and wearing only underwear around the apartment and screaming because someone just got engaged or kissed that boy she'd been dreaming about for months. I can't forget about going on runs with Katie while belting Kelly Clarksen at the top of our lungs. There were the times we took showers all together in our swimsuits like 5 year olds, and laughed until our stomach's hurt and ate cookie dough or ice cream or cake until our stomach's rebelled. We built forts, snuggled two to a twin bed because someone had a bad dream or a bad day, had late night talks laying in blankets on the floor in the hallway, numerous movie marathons, did ballet in the living room at midnight, and shared everything from drinks to dinner to makeup to clothes to maybe somethings that shouldn't be shared. It was a time of just plain being 18 or 19 or 20, and loving everything about life.
So shout out to all 26 of my roommates (once a roommate, always a roommate) for putting up with me, and helping me make loads of unforgettable memories.
Heather and Austin


When you don't have time to actually do the dishes...

Never too old for dress up

The famous quote wall (and -er list, to the right)

"Random" date night

nothing's better than a cake fight

Caitlin and me

5 girls, 5 spoons, 1/2 gallon cookie dough ice cream...


...gone in less than 10 minutes :)

Don't try to do recipes from memory... unless you want to eat your weight in cookie dough


Dog pile on the closest bed you can find! which happens to be none of ours... love you Rachel!

Glamour shots in the early a.m.



Best fort ever! (sorry to those who had places to be in the morning and couldn't get out...)

fighting over the car bed

Why we're all standing on the same chair together? Couldn't tell you.

Al (right), one of my only roommates who understood the plight of a teacher

Lauri, Anna and I out supporting our ballerinas :)

Those who weren't exactly roommates but we were in and out of each other's rooms so much it should have counted:

Becca and Andrea
Those I had so many classes with they became like sisters:

Ashley, Sheri, Natalia

Group Eureka (minus our Natalia of course)


We're all growing up and moving on to do all sorts of good in the world (my girls wouldn't ever do any less), but I want you to know that I'll never forget you, my lovely ladies <3

[cue cheesy reminiscent music]

1 comment: