CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Find Your Spot

Since I'll be getting back from my mission in May (after application deadlines to apply for colleges) I'll have quite the block of time until I'll be able to apply and attend any one of the schools I mentioned in my previous post. Thus, I'm considering the idea of moving to a central point in the area of all the schools I mentioned. I was thinking Hartford or New Haven, Connecticut (and no, not just because I'm obsessed with Gilmore Girls). It's actually pretty central to five out of the ten schools. I was trying to think of a way to get insider information on some cities, and I remembered a quiz I've taken before at a site called FindYourSpot.com. It asks you various questions about the characteristics of your ideal city or town, and then pinpoints about 25 of the top places you should live according to your answers. On your results list, each town or city name is a link, which leads you to tons of very specific information about the city's culture, weather patterns, cost of living, etc. So I took the quiz again. Here is a list of my results:
  1. Portland, Oregon
  2. Little Rock, Arkansas
  3. Brattleboro, Vermont
  4. Eugene, Oregon
  5. Baltimore, Maryland
  6. Fayetteville, Arkansas
  7. Alexandria, Louisiana
  8. Corvallis, Oregon
  9. Charleston, West Virginia
  10. Baton Rouge, Louisiana
  11. Frederick, Maryland
  12. Providence, Rhode Island
  13. Shreveport-Bossier City, Louisiana
  14. Hartford, Connecticut
  15. Seattle, Washington
  16. Knoxville, Tennessee
  17. Salem, Oregon
  18. Charleston, South Carolina
  19. Norfolk, Virginia
  20. New Haven, Connecticut
  21. Jacksonville, Florida
  22. Boston, Massachusetts
  23. Greenville, South Carolina
  24. Chattanooga, Tennessee
I'm not sure if these come out in order of most-fitting to least-fitting, but I thought it was an interesting conglomeration. I also thought it was interesting that my hometown, and a few towns in Oregon came up. I guess I got lucky and was just born in the right place. Unfortunately you have to sign in to review your results (so I can't show you the fancy version they gave me) but you should take the quiz yourself! It's actually pretty fun to see where the site thinks you should end up, and it has tons of great info.

Based on this list, expect to be writing me letters in Rhode Island, because Providence sounds like the best thing since indoor plumbing! New Haven and Hartford were a couple of my favorites as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment