CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 7, 2008

Fraud

My sister Emily has this uncanny ability to remember the birthday of any person she meets. Sometimes we tease her about it, other times it comes in very handy! The other day I needed my grandma's birthday and so I went and checked her calendar. September 4th. Because Emily has always been very, very right in the birthday arena, that is the birthday I used. Later, I came across a book which noted that same grandma's birthday as being on September 12th. This book should have had more credibility than my 17-year-old sister, but still I questioned it based on Emily's history of flawlessly remembering birthdays. BUT... after checking yet another more reliable source, this grandma's birthday was indeed September 12th.

Me: "Emily! You wrote Grandma Hollenbaugh's birthday down wrong! It's really September 12th!"
Emily: "... What??? OOOOOOOOH NO! I'm a FRAUD!!!"

We (me and all my siblings, which had spontaneously appeared at the mention of Emily's birthday error) looked at each other for a moment, before erupting into rioutous laughter.

She really has a great talent for using just the right saying at just the right moment.

1 comment: