CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Let the Festivities Begin

Yesterday, my brother Coy flew in from Utah, so he could be here for my farewell. Tomorrow I'm giving my farewell talk at church. We're having an open house tomorrow evening. On Monday, we're all going out to dinner at one of my favorites, Red Robin. My mom and grandma are making Coy and I some of our favorite Thanksgiving food (since we won't be here to celebrate the real Thanksgiving). Then later that night, the stake president and his wife will be here to set me apart, along with my bishop and his wife.

It's actually happening.

One word: Surreal.

I'm trying to put the finishing touches on my farewell talk, but I'm having a hard time! One minute I'm excited about what an awesome adventure this whole thing is going to be, then the next I'm feeling nervous because all attention is going to be on me for the next few days. Then I feel a little twinge of sadness (or at least that maybe I should feel sad) that I'm leaving everything for eighteen months, and then I wonder why I'm feeling sad because I was just fine a couple seconds ago. Ah the plight of a missionary-to-be.

But most of all, I'm excited for all the partying to start, because the sooner it starts, the sooner it'll all be over, and the sooner I can get on that Salt Lake City bound plane at 11:22 Tuesday morning, and begin my eighteen month journey.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment