CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 24, 2010

05.24.2010

This morning, I woke up a little before ten.  I got out of bed, and headed towards my bedroom door, only to step in a puddle of water right in front of the door.  Surprised, I turned on the light (it's a little dark today, because it SNOWED last night, and is still raining today (what the freak. it's almost JUNE.)) and looked around.  I found that half of my floor was covered in about a quarter inch of water.  Yuck.

Something similar (albeit way smaller) happened maybe a month ago.  I called the landlord, and they sent someone out to check it out.  They told me that there is a leak in the wall because of something to do with a leaking gutter on the outside? My room is halfway underground (I live in the basement) so apparently the ground has come away from the foundation a little bit, and there is a crack, so it's leaking right through my wall and all over my floor.

Some people from the real estate company who takes care of our house came by, took pictures, told me what was up, and then told me to mop the water up and put a towel in front of where the water is coming out.  Awesome.  Don't worry, I didn't have anything else I was going to do this morning.  I was just hoping that you'd come by and tell me to clean all of this up.  Even though you knew it was happening a month ago, and could've done something before now.  I'll just pick up that there slack for you.  No problem. I love mopping.  

Fun stuff.  If my camera was working, I'd take some pictures of it for you.

In other news, even Wills thought the pocket pigs were a little cute.  Though he was a little conflicted because he had mixed feelings about domesticating animals.

I think I'm going to try to go to DI today (I really, really need some new clothes).  And I have plenty of other things on my to-do list that I'll work on, including going to get measured for my bridesmaid dress for Marta's wedding!

2 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure you are not legally obligated to clean up the water in your apartment. Try to get a hold of a copy of your contract, and look up the clauses BYU requires all approved off-campus housing to have (I remember seeing these awhile ago). I'm almost positive there will be a clause dictating that landlords must see to maintenance issues in a timely fashion, and water in your apartment because of a faulty foundation is definitely their problem, not yours.

    I'm pretty passionate about landlords in Provo taking advantage of BYU students. So many of them are so dishonest and money hungry, and students often let them get away with things they shouldn't.

    ReplyDelete