CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

spending my monies

After an internal battle of deciding whether or not to sign up with netflix, I finally decided to do it. I keep seeing those "first month free" ads for netflix, and thinking about how many movies I keep wanting to see but never seeing because I don't want to rent them and they're never on TV. The economical aspect of it finally got to me and I took the leap. I signed up for a plan where you get one movie at a time, and an unlimited number of movies a month, and put about 15 movies in my que (cue?). It only costs me 8.99/month, I got my first movie today, and am happy to say that I am very pleased with my decision. The movies arrive within a day of when you ordered them, and the more I thought about it, I realized that renting just one movie would cost 4.99 in itself (for 5 days... but who needs a rented movie for that long anyway?). So after getting just two movies in a month it would have paid for itself.

Also, I just finished watching the first season of Gilmore Girls that I bought when school was almost out and I needed some sanity, and I've got to say that I'm completely addicted. I don't know why, but there's something about the wittiness of it all that I love. I ordered the second season on amazon.com today for only about 18.50 (which is an awesome price considering in stores it costs about $45... even at Wal-mart) which adds up to about 21.50 with shipping I think. I felt like it was a good purchase.

Yet I keep thinking... why do I keep spending money when I don't have a job right now and I'm trying to save up for a mission? Oh yeah... I worked so dang hard during the school year that I keep getting paid through August. :)

And if any of y'all need money and have an old laptop that is doesn't work or is outdated, check out cashforlaptops.com. I was looking for a way to get some kind of profit off this old old huge laptop that I have (or at least recycle it), when I came across this site. You answer a few simple questions, give them your address, and they quote you an amount that they'll pay you for it, then send you a box to ship your laptop back to them in with a pre-paid shipping label. After they get your laptop they check it to make sure it's in the condition you said it would be in (when you answered the questions) then they send you back a check! I looked for reviews or comments about the company and from what I found, it's not a hoax. I haven't gotten my check yet, but I just sent it back, and when I do, I'll post to let you know it's safe and that you should do it. And should I not get a check, well, I didn't want that laptop anymore anyway :)

No comments:

Post a Comment