CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 4, 2008

touristing

I keep meaning to write something really witty, but I'm listening to this mellow music and I just feel like I'm floating around on clouds all day when I do that so it isn't quite working out how I'd hoped.

yet i feel the need to blog. so you will just have to suffer. hehehe. haHAHAHA. ha.

The ocean trip (minus the motorcycle accident) was great. We hung out at the beach, went swimming in the pool, slept in 'til eleven, and read all day at will. We also spent a significant amount of our time perusing the many little shops around town, and taste-testing the treats at various homemade ice cream and candy shops. We hit the surf shop (they always have awesome urban wear), as well as some cute little antique/artsy/culture shops. We decided that A.) we love shopping when you can actually buy things, and B.) the ice cream was good, but it wasn't anything that Baskin Robbins or Coldstone couldn't beat. I bought two antique rings ($3 and $7) from this African shop, as well as three books from a shop called Joan of Arte. Luckily everything was pretty cheap. I'm leaning towards the green, organic side of things lately, and so I got some books that would help me... expand my knowledge in that area. because i am soooo very intellectual. They are... The Virtuous Consumer, Imagining Ourselves, and Nature and the Human Soul.

I have pictures from the motorcycle catastrophe that I will be sharing soon, but I'm having trouble getting them from my phone to the computer. I swear I'm not technologically illiterate... they're just getting lost somewhere between my phone and my email inbox. sheesh. Until then, I will not be able to share the hilarity.

the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment