CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

911

Well, I had my first chance on Monday night to call 911. I was a little nervous (noted by the fact that I only knew the street that I was on, and was completely oblivious to the fact that there were cross streets both to the north and south of me), but gratefully they were very patient with me.

Let me start with, MY BROTHER CRASHED HIS MOTORCYCLE.

We are on a 7 day vacation in a little town called Ocean Shores, WA, which is (you guessed it) right on the coast of the Pacific Ocean. My mom, 3 sisters, brother and I all got here Sunday evening, and had a great first night and Monday frolicking (sp?) on the beach, climbing on the jetty, playing in the waves, etc. When dinner time came we decided to drive into town to hit the local's favorite place for fish and chips. There's not enough space for all six of us in our SUV, so my brother decided to take his motorcycle instead of squishing with us. As we were driving, we all were casually keeping an eye on Coy and listening to the sputter of his bike's motor when suddenly the sputter cut off, our heads snapped backwards to see what had happened, and we saw him and his bike log-rolling off the road and into the brush. We were of course in a panic, and immediately pulled over and ran back to see how bad the damage was. He was standing up when we got to him. I quickly pulled his helmet off to reveal his very pale face, and we suggested he lie down to minimize the chance of him collapsing, to which he very heartily agreed and very eagerly did so. Needless to say, I called an ambulance and we spent the next 6 hours in the emergency room. Luckily, he was wearing his helmet and heavy biking jacket so his only major injuries were his very much bloodied hands and a few scrapes on his knees.

He went home today to get some more medical care (he has since been complaining of an aching wrist, and a slightly sore neck), and to rest up a bit in more familiar surroundings.

There are a couple stories that are a little more light (flower, Emily's dinner) that I'd like to share that are related to this, but unfortunately I'm on a public computer in our timeshare's lobby that has a 15 minute limit on usage, so I'll have to get to those later.

No comments:

Post a Comment