CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 30, 2009

So Lame.

Teaching is such an important profession.  Too bad teachers are SO not compensated as they should be.

Seriously, if a teacher needs a day off, he or she has to put in a bunch of extra work and write up plans for the whole day?   Plans that are way more specific than than the teacher would even write for his or herself because who knows what this person who is coming in to teach my class is going to know.

I remember when I was a teacher, it was almost easier to go into work sick than to think about tackling the idea of writing up sub plans for the day.   

LAME.

Teachers work so hard.

Can't they just have a day off when they need it without having to put in a bunch of extra work to cover for their absence? 

3 comments:

  1. I know! It doesn't seen fair. I know I was never a "real" teacher, but one time I was subbing long term in a classroom and Mckay was in the hospital. But it would have been too hard to write sub plans for the sub plans and get a sub on such late notice so I taught anyway. Teachers are under appreciated. But we love it so much that we do it anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS after posting that comment, I looked at the date on it and saw December, and I said to myself, "something is wrong with this, it's not December." Oh, but it is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes I want to go back to my high school, track down my old teachers, and thank them for being so patient with this misfit teenager who never turned in homework and asked too many questions. But then I realize that the best way to thank them is to do well in college and make something of myself.

    I totally agree--teachers are so underappreciated.

    ReplyDelete