CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 19, 2009

SO dumb. Rar.

I am so annoyed.

A few days ago I was downstairs with the kids I nanny, and an episode of My Wife and Kids came on.Italic I wasn't really watching, but then one of the characters (who was pregnant) announced that she wanted to have her baby at home.

And then the parents freaked out.

And then it just went downhill from there.

Just wait until the midwife comes onto the scene.
No wonder kids and parents and everyone nowadays have such a negative attitude towards homebirth and midwives.


I won't even get started. I am completely appalled.

But I will say this:

It is completely unfair to be teaching teens and tweens and adults or anyone else who might watch this show, that midwives are nothing but uneducated, ridiculous hippies. Even in the name of entertainment. There are huge numbers of activities that would be so much healthier as forms of entertainment (don't get me started on that either). Why do we continue to perpetuate all of those ridiculous wives tales that keep rolling around? What does that say about our society?

This is not the stone age anymore folks. It's time we got past our prejudices and misconceptions and really learned the truth. Not just about natural birth, but about everything.


And yes, I have watched the rest of the episode, and no, it definitely does NOT get any better. In fact it gets more stupid and more unrealistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment