CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, October 11, 2009

The "D" Word (No, not that one...)

Diet.

I'm a horrible eater.  Not necessarily meaning that I eat things that are unhealthy, rather I don't eat consistently.

And when I don't eat consistently, I really don't feel well.  Since, you know, I'm hypoglycemic.

Dizziness, nausea, fatigue, headaches, etc. etc. etc.

It really isn't much fun, and it keeps me in, when I could otherwise be out playing and enjoying the last little bit of reasonable weather.

So I've had a thought.  I've been thinking that maybe if I made myself a meal menu every week, it would be easier because I wouldn't have to think about what I was going to make, or if I had the ingredients... I'd just have to make sure I had time to make it.

I found this awesome link to a full months worth of vegetarian meals and shopping lists for fall which I'm planning on using (and you should use it too... it's just that awesome).

But what I really want to know is what all of you do.  Do you have a specific shopping day?  Do you do the menu thing?  Weekly? Monthly?  I need some tips people.  And y'all are my favorite kind of people, so I'm expecting some pretty cool tips.

Also, does anyone know of a good chiropractor or massage therapist (or both?) in the Provo/Orem area?  I've been having some upper back issues which have been causing headaches too, and I'm reluctant to go to just any old chiropractor.  Especially since they like, jostle your bones around and such.

3 comments:

  1. I don't really have a specific shopping day. I guess I go more on Wednesday or Thursday because the sales papers come in the mail and I know which stores have the good deals. I'm lucky to live close enough to Smiths to walk there a few times a week when I need to. And then I get exercise too!
    I do try to plan out at least a few meals at a time. And I try to make meals that use similar ingredients so I can either prep some things a day ahead or use up an ingredient before it goes bad. I'm going to try to plan out a week or two in advance so I'll have all the ingredients for good, tasty meals. I'll let you know how it goes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. I'm Emily - I wrote that list of menus you linked to up there. (Thanks for the link, btw!) I'm interested to hear you're hypoglycemic, because I was, too. My doc had me do a 3-month Candida cleanse, though, and it really, really helped. That's 3 months of no sugar, fruit, refined flours, or potatoes, plus 3 antifungal drugs. Not for the faint of heart, and for me, not possible on a vegetarian diet (I found out I'm also allergic to beans, eggs, and cow's milk at the same time...).

    Once the yeast were gone from my gut, I quit having those blood sugar crashes. Turns out the little buggers were eating all the carbs before I could get hold of them, or something. Plus the insulin spike/crash thing from the carbs. Or something. All I know is I can now sleep through the night without needing a snack, and I can experience "appetite" for a couple hours without turning into a starving, grouchy, raving banshee. YMMV, of course, but thought I'd toss that out there as something that worked for me and might work for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well idk because i'm not either one of those things, but i know a good chiroprattor down here. mormon chiropractors are usually good so you shouldn't have to much troulble finding one! :)
    Love kenzie

    ReplyDelete